PattonScape

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is coming back

+6
Andyz5
curtis-v-k
J0EL
yourmum123
klos1995
darkbowpwns
10 posters

No more Ipbanning? other punishments instead...? vote plz

Poll

Should Ipbanning be removed and use other punishments?

[ 12 ]
    No more Ipbanning? other punishments instead...? vote plz Bar_left40%No more Ipbanning? other punishments instead...? vote plz Bar_right [40%] 
    [ 3 ]
    No more Ipbanning? other punishments instead...? vote plz Bar_left10%No more Ipbanning? other punishments instead...? vote plz Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 3 ]
    No more Ipbanning? other punishments instead...? vote plz Bar_left10%No more Ipbanning? other punishments instead...? vote plz Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 3 ]
    [ 9 ]
    No more Ipbanning? other punishments instead...? vote plz Bar_left30%No more Ipbanning? other punishments instead...? vote plz Bar_right [30%] 

Total Votes: 30
    darkbowpwns
    darkbowpwns
    Noob

No more Ipbanning? other punishments instead...? vote plz Empty No more Ipbanning? other punishments instead...? vote plz

Post by darkbowpwns Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:57 pm

READ THIS BEFORE DOING THE POLL!!

Lots of people are getting iped for no reason or if its not even their fault.

Its not fair for people to get ipbanned and being able to play at all even in a different account when its not their fault or when they only made like 1 offense.

People are getting iped just for saying a bad word ONCE or if someone else is blaming someone for duping (with no evidence to prove that they did).

SO......

I think that instead of ipbanning people for things like this and making them not able to play at all, there should be other options of punishments.
    1) Muting
    2) Ban account of couple days
    3) Jail (the character is locked up in a small cage or something. and wont be able to do anything kinda like being banned).

idk there are tons more options than just ipbanning people for simple things.

There is nothing more annoying than not being able to talk in game so muting would be a good option instead of ipbanning.

Mods, Admins, and Brice, please think about this.

and guys please vote for no more ipbanning and help make pattonscape community better.

Note: Ipbanning makes pattonscape lose lots of players!

IF YOU DISAGREE AND VOTE FOR NO, THEN PLEASE POST AND EXPLAIN WHY YOU DISAGREE.
    THANKS

Last edited by darkbowpwns on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
    klos1995
    klos1995
    Noob

No more Ipbanning? other punishments instead...? vote plz Empty Re: No more Ipbanning? other punishments instead...? vote plz

Post by klos1995 Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:54 pm

maybe its a good idea to delete it but newbs that are advertising still come back.... and some nerds need to get iped.. cause they always come back and ruin it for others.
    darkbowpwns
    darkbowpwns
    Noob

No more Ipbanning? other punishments instead...? vote plz Empty Re: No more Ipbanning? other punishments instead...? vote plz

Post by darkbowpwns Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:12 pm

thats true so ipbannings should only be used against advertising spammers and ppl that have tons of offenses.
    yourmum123
    yourmum123
    Noob

Post by yourmum123 Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:09 pm

ye... i agree
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:35 pm

add dupers to that....and i ip ban after 2 bans for the same reason and then ip

I voted "no really its a bad idea" cuz... ip ban is used to take off narbs who dont stop breaking rules off the game...and spammers =p lol
    J0EL
    J0EL
    Noob

Post by J0EL Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:17 pm

i agree with him i would would rather be locked up in a jail in some other servers i played mods or admins would tele you to the jail and u couldnt move and it said u were locked in jail for an amount of days. i just go on the game to talk to freinds lol
    curtis-v-k
    curtis-v-k
    Noob

Post by curtis-v-k Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:20 pm

yep!! no more ipbanning!! maybe i said it couse im ipbanned-.- =) wohoo Very Happy Very Happy
    darkbowpwns
    darkbowpwns
    Noob

Post by darkbowpwns Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:38 pm

Razmig wrote:add dupers to that....and i ip ban after 2 bans for the same reason and then ip

I voted "no really its a bad idea" cuz... ip ban is used to take off narbs who dont stop breaking rules off the game...and spammers =p lol

ya ipbanning should be used for getting rid of spammers but not for players that only had like 1 or 2 offenses. they should just get muted or jail or something and if they keep on repeating like 5th time, then u should do ipban.

guys, plz get more ppl to vote on this so Brice can look at this thread and decide on what to do based on the poll. Smile

and happy early birthday razmig Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:17 pm

ty =D and....ppl who just dont stop breaking rules = iped too lol

Lets say som1 gets banned for 2 days... 1 week later...again for the same reason......a few days later he does it again.... ppl like that = ip banned also lol
    darkbowpwns
    darkbowpwns
    Noob

Post by darkbowpwns Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:33 pm

OMG someone just iped me!!

why?? i was pking with my friend and i just lagged out and when i tried to get back in, it says that my account is disabled.

Razmig, can u plz un iped me. or atleast let me know why i am iped?

and yup. i agree with how to iped ppl if they get banned lots of times.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:33 pm

No offence..But this is a terrible idea. Ip bans are here for a reason and only admins have it for a reason. Admins they get caught abusing ip ban will be delt with and odds are you'll be unbanned. So there won't be anyway you will get rid of IP bans unless Brice says so and I am pretty sure he won't remove it. Sorry.
    Andyz5
    Andyz5
    Noob

Post by Andyz5 Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:19 pm

I think ip should stay for those noobs who spam for other servers or people who dupe.. But another punishment that would work perfectly i just got from when runescape was young. They called it Thordur's blackhole. It was where people were sent in early runescape for breaking the rules before runescape invented banning players. We could do something similar to this. If someone is breaking the rules who isnt spamming, duping etc. We could send them to a black hole where they would wait out their punishment like in a jail cell. We could have them wait there for say: X amount of hours while logged in, or X amount of days not logged in. I think it would be a great idea if we could get someone to monitor it.. There is the problem of knowing exactly when everyone in there is getting out.. like keeping track of everyone who gets sent there. I think that there would be only 3-4 people there at a time though... Idk maybe someone could expand this idea? If we do it i still want credit of thinking of the Thordur's blackhole idea thingy though lol =p

Thats just my 2 cents
    fulful
    fulful
    Noob

Post by fulful Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:20 pm

Razmig wrote:add dupers to that....and i ip ban after 2 bans for the same reason and then ip

\

but raz i was iped no reason..
    darkbowpwns
    darkbowpwns
    Noob

Post by darkbowpwns Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:38 pm

Andyz5 wrote:I think ip should stay for those noobs who spam for other servers or people who dupe.. But another punishment that would work perfectly i just got from when runescape was young. They called it Thordur's blackhole. It was where people were sent in early runescape for breaking the rules before runescape invented banning players. We could do something similar to this. If someone is breaking the rules who isnt spamming, duping etc. We could send them to a black hole where they would wait out their punishment like in a jail cell. We could have them wait there for say: X amount of hours while logged in, or X amount of days not logged in. I think it would be a great idea if we could get someone to monitor it.. There is the problem of knowing exactly when everyone in there is getting out.. like keeping track of everyone who gets sent there. I think that there would be only 3-4 people there at a time though... Idk maybe someone could expand this idea? If we do it i still want credit of thinking of the Thordur's blackhole idea thingy though lol =p

Thats just my 2 cents

thats a good idea and i was iped today too for NO reason!
    gigglebash
    gigglebash
    Noob

Post by gigglebash Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:21 pm

Its hard to see this reason into play,

I Always Warn people before banning... and there is a Ban Command which bans for a few days.. mods have it.. but Ip had to stay for People that Abuse.. And for Dupers.. Id prefer it if everyone Posted In General Discussion Proof of all Dupers Please and Thank you.

Anyways, Raz and everyone soon as i get my account moved back in and i get over this illness i have ill be back to my old job as Admin.. cause i miss you guys anyways..

Mutting is a good idea, and Perminant Mute as well it would keep people from Advertising.. and if they use Syipker then we will ip the account.. And perhaps the Jail thing would be kind of good.. but it would have to be in a Non Pking area .. Maybe Port Sayrim Jail or, Taverly Jail..

Talk to you all soon.

-Admin Travis
    darkbowpwns
    darkbowpwns
    Noob

Post by darkbowpwns Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:45 pm

Yea i agree with you gigglebash. but most of the time, people are iped without a warning which i think is unfair. I was just iped without a warning few days ago and i did nothing wrong so...before admins ip ban someone, they should get visual evidence (screen shot) and warn the person first by showing them the screen shot before ip banning.
    J0EL
    J0EL
    Noob

Post by J0EL Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:49 pm

the jail by edge or something
    Dark pyro
    Noob

Post by Dark pyro Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:58 am

honestly, this is the worst idea.

think about it:

if pattonscape didnt have ip bans, and you said "" well dang, i just got hacked, and somone just trade gltiched me. this dude is cursing me out for no reoson.""wow there are alot of sapmmers on this server""

now what if all that happened to you? wouldnt you want somthing to be done about it?
    and yes, i know some people get iped for no reoson. but thats why brice un-bans them. if they realy did somthing and brice knows they did. he wouldnt unban.

so i voted absolutely not.

(btw, this is Asyran)
    Hershey_Super
    Hershey_Super
    Noob

Post by Hershey_Super Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:51 am

nah if it is removed than many of the spammers and other rule breakers would be always comming back and patton would fail
    yourmum123
    yourmum123
    Noob

Post by yourmum123 Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:12 pm

ye i got banned for duping ¬.¬ no proof and im still ip'd
    darkbowpwns
    darkbowpwns
    Noob

Post by darkbowpwns Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:36 pm

Hershey_Super wrote:nah if it is removed than many of the spammers and other rule breakers would be always comming back and patton would fail

lol plz read everything before posting and doing the poll. i said it should only be used for spammers and ppl that make too many offenses. not for people that have like 1 or 2 offenses which are most of the ppl that are iped atm. and ppl that did nothing wrong.

and common people! we r getting more votes against it. common! vote for less ipbanning. not for keeping it the way it is.
    there are lots of us that are iped for no reason. help pattonscape get better.
    i cant believe 9 ppl voted for "absolutely not".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 pm