PattonScape

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is coming back

+3
Matavix
J0EL
Nettle
7 posters

Killing the Dagganoth Rex

Nettle
    Nettle
    Noob

Killing the Dagganoth Rex Empty Killing the Dagganoth Rex

Post by Nettle Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:57 am

Equipment

Range – If you plan to range the Rex the basic principle is to have your range bonus as high as possible. How high you can get it obviously depends on your range level and your budget however having a high range bonus isn’t really required to kill the Rex it will just speed things up a bit.

Melee – Again this depends on your combat stats but I don’t advise tackling the Rex with Melee on your own as he hits very high. Dharoks is a good idea but be careful and watch your HP. I haven’t tried meleeing him before because I think ranging him is the best option.

Mage – Ahrims would be a good idea here however if you are on a low budget then I would suggest 3rd Age robes and the most powerful spell you can do (Fire Blast is good).

ALWAYS FILL THE REST OF YOUR INVENTORY WITH MONKFISH JUST INCASE!

Method

Range – This is the best way to kill him in my opinion because he cannot hit you if you stay close to him and range him! However this is by far the slowest method unless you have a high range level and good equipment.

Melee – Nothing much to say here, either hit, run and eat or if you are confident just fight him like any other monster.

Mage – Again, nothing much to say other than hit him and run and make sure to pay attention to your hitpoints.

Getting There

First you must ensure you have everything you need and make sure that your character is set to run. Teleport to “JAD” in the emotes tab which will take you to the tent in Varrok. Then just follow this map that I made.

Killing the Dagganoth Rex Gettin12

About The Rex

His HP will regenerate 12 times before he actually dies and drops his loot unless you are in a group where I hear he has less HP.

Good Drops

- Dragon Boots
    - Other Dragon pieces
    - Dragon halberd
    - Dragon 2 handed sword
    - Bandos pieces
    - Armadyl pieces
    - Crystal Shield

Maybe there are others Smile

Enjoy killing the Dagganoth Rex and good luck on getting rich.

Last edited by Nettle on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    J0EL
    J0EL
    Noob

Killing the Dagganoth Rex Empty Re: Killing the Dagganoth Rex

Post by J0EL Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:40 am

nice guide it will help me casue i jost lost dh a couple days a go from rex rofl 1 hitted me X.X
    Nettle
    Nettle
    Noob

Post by Nettle Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:56 am

Aww that sucks, I really suggest using range if you have the time :p you dont lose 1 single HP and the drop rates for Rex are really good so you are definately gonna make money even though you do use like 500 arrows per trip at lvl 57 range lol!
    Matavix
    Matavix
    Noob

Post by Matavix Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:58 am

And he dropp CRSYTAL SHIELD!!
    Noob

Post by 80807734 Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:12 am

Well if you have 88 range like some of us its pretty simple Very Happy (but i still use dh axe Razz funner)
    Nettle
    Nettle
    Noob

Post by Nettle Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:14 am

Lol thanks for that Matavix, I added it to the list. Lolz yeah 808 but you own Razz some people find it difficult so I thought i'd help them along lolz.
    Dark pyro
    Noob

Post by Dark pyro Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:27 pm

808 bought his range hes noob lol
    Deniz
    Deniz
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Deniz Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:12 pm

lol funny but im pretty sure i can get 99 b4 him XD
    minkey101
    minkey101
    Noob

Post by minkey101 Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:39 pm

i dont get the range part, like how close do you stand? one square away...2? or do u just hide behind a fence cause i like being cheap with halberds
    Nettle
    Nettle
    Noob

Post by Nettle Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:22 pm

minkey101 wrote:i dont get the range part, like how close do you stand? one square away...2? or do u just hide behind a fence cause i like being cheap with halberds

If you attack him with range you will go close to hm and not be hit anyway. You don't need to worry about being the right distance away, the game will do that for you. No matter what, if you range him, he can't hit you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:38 pm